Your voice has a chance to be heard now! - we bring changes together.

report scam

National Passport Information Center

Country United States
State Alaska
Phone 1-877-487-2778

National Passport Information Center Reviews

  • Jul 4, 2017

My passport expires in December 2017, and I applied for renewal by mail using a DS-82 Form.

Since there's something wrong with my photo, I had to re-submit my application with the new photo and, again this time, with my old passport book as before.

This time, one more time, my application was rejected with the following explanation:

"You did not submit your most recent passport, or the passport you submitted was cancelled."

I proceeded with a DS-11 Form, raising my total fee from $110 to $136.20, with additional time and other inconveniences.

However, I hardly can figure out how the old passport book could be lost as I wrapped it securely inside the application which, in turn, was folded in three. It's hard to understand that the mail package was received with the application in – allegedly without the old passport! It sounds weird, mysterious, and somewhat tricky. It seems thay get paid to play games with customers.

Here again, it should be mentioned that my the passport is less than 10 years old.

NPIC's first response: "To better assist you, and due to general email security restrictions, we are unable to provide you with any specific information regarding your particular situation. Please call our office at the number listed below..." – Agent #2092

NPIC's second response: " If you paid the $60 fee for expedited service and have reason to believe that you did not receive expedited service, you should contact the Department of State Service Refunds office to request that the Department consider a refund of the expedite fee. The office may be reached via the contact information available on our website at:


The Department considers requests for refunds on a case-by-case basis and cannot refund passport application and execution fees or compensate applicants for missed travel. To request a refund of the application fee, you should mail your request to the passport agency that handled the application." – Agent #2097

Luc Luong

Write a Review about National Passport Information Center